Monday, April 8, 2013

Emotional Quotient versus Intelligence Quotient


EQ versus IQ which do you prefer? As a parent, i wish for only one thing that my son will grow up to be one intelligent, smart and kind person someday. The question now lies, how will I be able to nurture both sides of the quotients? True that i would love to go on stage and tag that ribbon on my sons every recognition day or perhaps be yelling my hearts out during his piano recitals, be uploading his report cards picture with above average grades on any social media, but on the other hand, i would love to see him grow to be a loving son to his family, a sensitive partner to his future wife, a good listener to his future children, a respectful man to anyone that surrounds him. I know it might sound greedy and all, but i wish i can have both of the quotients on my son. I mean who doesn't right? Studies shown that an a fetus at 4-5 weeks old in the uterus has a developed sense of hearing, playing music while at 4-5 weeks pregnant can already start developing your unborn child's IQ, well this can be a good start. I have done this with my son played music at the wee hours of the morning , and this soothes him and stops his squirming, I have stayed away from ALL caffeinated food or beverages for these are vaso constrictors ( it constricts the blood vessels thus limits the blood supply very much needed for brain development ) ate fruits and took a lot of vitamins. From day one of his extra uterine life, i nurtured my sons IQ, reading books, playing nursery rhymes both audio and video, and constantly talking to him ( no baby talks please! ) Until one day hes able to reciprocate things that i do to him, currently, i am on the process on nurturing his EQ in time i will get there, as of the moment my day begins and ends with his I LOVE YOUs and suffocating HUGS, and I am not any bit complaining about it! ^_^

4 comments: